Let’s just squeeze this in real quick, shall we? Because the week went faster than I planned and last night we practiced for our gig tonight.
1. Don’t underestimate people. Such a generic statement…that will continue to be generic, but I just feel it needs to be said. There are amazing people out in the world, people who will jump at a moment’s notice to help or can’t wait to be your friend. There are people who are absolutely brilliant stuck in a job that doesn’t capitalize on their skills, and there are people who might be the most loyal friend you’ll ever meet but you met them on a bad day. I don’t care who it is, they’ve got worth and value. That includes you, too–don’t underestimate yourself.
2. Date night is the best night. We had a gift card to some new sushi place and devoured that entire plate of sushi. I had my doubts that we could do it, but it was delicious.
3. I’m a happy planner. Some people are happy campers, but I didn’t grow up camping. No, instead I spent my time planning whatever was next in life. This is not always a good thing…but it is my thing. Lucky for me, I’m in the midst of planning a trip or two and a few shows to see this summer. I’m so excited to see Jim Gaffigan soon!
Where has the week gone? Just where?? I feel like the beginning of each week (you know, the Friday before) everything is totally clear and I have a wide open schedule. Try to catch me near the end of the week, and I have suddenly every moment packed in with no extra availability. The good news is, I’m keeping busy and it’s been fun. Today though, almost all my meetings got rescheduled, and I found some good time to work on some freelance projects.
1. I’m not where I was six months ago. Maybe from the outside I look like the same me and there’s definitely a core that has stayed the same, but I think my approach has shifted. A few different things came up this week that made me realize it, whether it was coming across old emails or considering opportunities and goals. Honestly, I’ve enjoyed being who I am now a lot more than who I was then. I had hoped to one day get to say that, so it’s likely I’ll have to expound upon that further at a later date.
2. I’m a prepper. I mean a planner…for our trip this spring. Wait, did you think I was a doomsday prepper? What?! (Quite the show though). This week I’ve been working on a little bit of Spanish with the Duolingo app (which is amazing). Further, I bought a new backpack! I was so thrilled that as soon as I brought it home I stuffed it with pillows and a bag of oranges to “practice” carrying it around. For nearly two days I had it strapped to my back. Once I take it out on some real adventures, I’ll tell you all about it, but for now, enjoy this embarrassing picture of me looking way too excited.
My husband calls this my photo face…apparently I only make such a look when a camera is involved. I’d like to dispute such claims, but looking at last week’s Thursday Three…I can see where he’s coming from.
3. Remember your dreams. Sometimes it’s easy to say you have dreams and then instead of acting on them, watch Netflix five nights a week and then say there isn’t enough time in the day. There’s not enough time in the day. So cut some things out and set aside time focus on your dreams/goals. Time to think them through and also time to implement them. They won’t happen otherwise, trust me.